Sunday, November 14, 2010

They're here!

So, I had to wait till today for the kitties' arrival.  Lori told me they didn't make a peep in their carrier all the way over here.  They seem to have adapted quite well, because the bedroom was thoroughly explored.  Maddie was the first to the litter box, and both had no problem finding food and water.  They had a great time checking things out and wore themselves out, so I left them napping under the bed.

A couple of hours later, I opened the bedroom door and Maddie was by the door.  He rushed out, so there was no stopping the exploration of the rest of the apartment.  Trotter followed shortly after and I had zooming kitties for a while.  Trotter found the bathtub, so I tossed in a toy I'd bought... he promptly picked it up and carried it out into the hallway.  I think it was Trotter who found the kitty condo and took the first tug on it.

They seem to like the computer desk, and have both climbed up onto the ledge to the kitchen.  Maddie went so far as to climb into the sink.  They both checked out the La-Z-Boy rocker.  Maddie found something to dig on the back of the chair, while Trotter was busy smelling it.  He must be finding scent from the other cats still there.

Maddie is definitely the outgoing explorer.  Trotter is playing coy.  He'll bravely venture forth, but if I look at him he takes off running.  I've been taking lots of photos.  Maddie is oblivious to the camera, but Trotter seems to get offended every time I take his picture.  I think the sound of the camera coupled with the sound of the flash as it recharges bothers him.  He gives me the nastiest look when I pick up the camera and point it in his direction.

The flurry of activity wore them out, so now they're safely nestled under the bed.

No comments: