Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day Two

I left the kittens snoozing on a shelf of their kitty condo last night.  I think they stayed there... until 5:20am when I heard the "crunch crunch" of food being eaten, immediately followed by digging in the litter box... then the unmistakeable sound of an urping kitten!  Don't know exactly who it was, but everyone seemed none the worse for it by the time I got up.

Both Maddie and Trotter enjoyed following me into the bathroom and Trotter checked out the water as I was brushing my teeth.  Plenty of wrestling, kicking and biting.  Then I opened the blinds and Maddie saw a bird in the tree.  Trotter didn't care what was going on outside, but Maddie was definitely on point.  Looks like I may have a budding hunter on my hands.  They retired to the kitty condo as I was putting on my coat, but Maddie came running to the door as I turned to close it behind me.

When I got home this evening, they were happy to see me.  I tried to distract them from the kitchen as I got ready to open their wet food treat, but they were more interested in drinking from the pot I'd left soaking from my last night's dinner of chicken corn chowder.  I tried to lure them to the bedroom with their food, but they were more interested in exploring the kitchen counter.  They did finally find the food, though.

Afterwards, the evening's play activities began.  More racing around and wrestling, climbing around the bookshelf under the TV, and hanging out in the trash can full of papers to be shred.  They hit the kitty condo again, and at one point Maddie made an amazing leap from one of the upper platforms (at least five feet high) to the ground.

The computer desk has been a point of interest this evening... Maddie seems to enjoy walking across the keyboard when I'm working on it. He caught the caps lock key just right a while ago.  I'm now surrounded by kittens as I attempt to type.  Trotter is lying in front of me grabbing onto my hands and Maddie is climbing around on anything he can.

One of the play themes for this evening was "tub time."  I think Trotter was looking for water drips again, and then Maddie joined in to start trouble.  I could hear all sorts of noises emanating from the bathroom for a while.  Later, though, Trotter came out and layed down next to me and turned into quite a love bug.  That's the first time he's been so affectionate.  Maddie was sleeping on the kitty condo, but once he woke, all sweetness was lost.  I'm going to have to get off the computer soon, because they are hanging out in the computer equipment.  Maddie even managed to push down the paper catcher tray for my printer.

I think I better go, because kittens are everywhere now.

No comments: