Thursday, November 18, 2010

I think we've bonded.

Yesterday was quite a day.  Kittens arrived in my face at 5:20am... long enough to say "Hello" and then left.  All was quiet until I got up about an hour after initial wake-up call.  I found out that 5:20am was their First Mom, Lori's, normal wake up time.  But how adaptable these two are.  This morning there were no kittens in my face till just before my 6:00am alarm.

Last night started with the usual rounds of leaps and wrestling for a couple of hours.  I was nestled on my sofa with a faux down blanket covering me when Trotter jumped up beside me and started purring and being lovey... climbing up over my shoulder and back and forth between sofa arm and seat.  Then he climbed up and nestled over my arms and fell asleep.  At one point, his head was hanging down over my arm.  All was peaceful and quiet until Maddie, who was asleep in one of the kitty condo platforms, awoke and started kitty games session II.  They retired to the bathtub for a while, and when I went to wash up for bed, I noticed that the bathroom sink drain plug was missing.  I found it on the floor just outside the door.  Had to be Maddie.  He loves playing in the sink.

And, when I climbed into bed, I was accompanied by the two furry ones.  Trotter hung out on the headboard as Maddie proceeded to attack the moving object (i.e., me) under the covers.  Games lasted about 10 minutes, then they were off.  I think their most-favored sleeping post is the kitty condo, because not a peep occurred until the 6:00am alarm.

This morning's highlights involved discovery of the bedroom closet and Trotter's fascination with the shower.  I have a walk-in closet in the bedroom, which serves as closet and storage.  I've kept the door closed because there are lots of interesting places for kittens to hide and/or get into trouble.  They were in the room when I went into the closet to get clothes, so of course, Maddie lead the charge into the new room.  I had quiet a time getting both of them out of the closet.  When I did manage to close the door, Trotter proceeded to dig under it.

Earlier, as I was taking my shower, Trotter was hanging out on the edge of the tub.  I use a clear plastic shower curtain, so I can see the hijinx occurring.  He walked down to the back end of the curtain and peaked his head around the edge to watch the water hitting the wall.  Then he walked closer to me and sat on the edge of the tub watching the water hit the curtain, and then he peered down to watch it run inside the tub.  I was a bit worried that he might try to jump in with me and get all wet, but, at least for today, he didn't succumb to that curiosity.

Tonight when I got home, I brought a paper bag from work.  Yes, it was the immediate hit of the moment and there were very quickly two kitties inside it... Then one outside and the other leaping on the movement from the outside.  I'll be posting a video of the event shortly.

No comments: