Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ah, quiet at last... for a few minutes anyway

This evening I made my Dad's famous stuffing for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  Two very curious kittens kept trying to climb onto the kitchen counter to check everything out.  I had to resort to a squirt bottle to begin teaching them where they could not go.  It was effective, although I felt terribly guilty about squirting my little darlings in the face.  There is a ledge above the sink, which I will allow them to sit on and watch, but they can't step down from there to sink level.  Trotter glared a bit and Maddie zoomed around the apartment in protest, but they eventually settled down on the ledge to watch.  Both were lying on their bellies with heads and front legs hanging over the edge, but they stayed in place.

Once I finished with the cooking, I settled onto the couch to make a couple of phone calls.  I had two purring kittens nestled and sleeping on my chest and lap.  Trotter was nestled on the comforter on my knees, in a precarious position, because he finally slid off to the floor, where he stayed asleep.  When I got up to turn on the computer, there was a flurry of kitty activity again.  Trotter loves to bat at the computer screen, which makes it very difficult to do things like write blog posts and upload photo galleries.  Fortunately, they wore out fairly quickly and it's quiet.  Trotter is lying on the desk in front of the monitor... asleep.  That's the only reason I'm able to write this tonight!

No comments: