Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Velcro Move

Maddie was bouncing around on the bed as I got ready for work this morning.  I'm not sure what bee got under his bonnet, but he was running in circles chasing his tail, and doing vertical leaps all over the bed.  I had decided to wear a favorite Christmas necklace to work, which is a handmade piece made up of clothespins with reindeer faces (and one in the middle with a red nose) and tiny jingle bells strung on thin red and green ribbon.  As soon as I brought it out of the closet, I noticed Maddie was extremely interested.  He began to follow me and watched my every move as I placed it over my head.  He leaped up and began the dangerous kitty hunting crouch on the edge of the bed.  I moved back just as he launched himself, arms outstretched, toward where my neck had been a moment earlier.  Someone at worked referred to it as the Velcro move... arms wide and claws ready to catch onto anything in his path.  I've laughed at him Velcro-ing himself to the back cushion and sides of my La-Z-Boy rocking chair, but I never imagined he would so fearlessly go for a human target.

No comments: