Monday, December 13, 2010

Good Morning!

At 4:15am this morning, I was awakened by a trilling kitten walking across my face.  Trotter stayed a few minutes, but I was then able to go back to sleep.  Whatever he'd wanted to say had apparently been said, so he returned to someplace else in the apartment.  When my alarm sounded at 6:00am, I attempted to reach over to hit the snooze button, but something prevented my movement.  There was a grey kitten lying across the air tube of my CPAP machine.  He wasn't blocking the air flow, but he was close enough to my head that I couldn't move in any direction.  As I finally managed to reach for the alarm, I was greeted by another weight at my back... of course, Maddie had to be sleeping there!

Later, as I was taking my morning shower, I laughed at Trotter, who was perched on the edge of the tub watching the water.  He jumped away without falling into the shower stream, but as I turned off the water, I noticed his favorite toy, (a thick piece of woven cotton cord that he likes to drag about) which he'd apparently dropped into the tub.  I don't think it was a gift.  I think he was waiting for me to get out so he could jump in and attempt to drop it down the drain.  For some reason he enjoys dropping it into wet things.  A couple of times I've found it floating in their water dish.

This is Trotter and his String
 Later, as I was fighting off kitties who were trying to untie my shoe laces as I tried to tie them, there was a cat fight commotion to be heard somewhere outside.  Both of them jumped up on the chair beside me with extremely worried looks on their faces.  I like to think that they were ready to defend me from the marauders.  Whatever it was passed quickly, and they were soon back to surfing in a trashed shopping bag that had contained my toilet paper purchase from Saturday.

Uh oh, gotta go.  Maddie is sitting beside me at the computer desk, and he's just noticed the toggle chains from the ceiling fan above us.  He's standing up leaning against the monitor and peeping toward the ceiling.  That can't be good.

No comments: