Monday, January 10, 2011

Mischief

I was awakened about 2:30 this morning by the sound of my two kittens crashing and thumping into walls, doors, and other unknown targets.  Fearing that my neighbors might be bothered by the noise, I called the little ones into the bedroom.  They said a brief, "mrrttt," then continued with their lively games.  This was uncharacteristic activity for them, since they normally sleep through the night.  Fortunately, they wore themselves out and peace was restored.  I awoke with one grey kitten stretched out on the bed at my back, and the other one asleep in the kitty carrier perched atop some plastic bins next to the bed.  They must have been really pooped, because they were quite slow to rise and shine.

I have been having problems with tendonitis in my left elbow, so yesterday I bought an elbow support brace, which I'd left on the kitchen ledge when I went to bed.  At least, I thought that's where I'd left it.  It wasn't there when I decided to put it on this morning.  I immediately suspected that it might have been the source of all the romping and thumping last night. Only problem was, I couldn't find it anywhere.  I looked under the bed, all around the living room (including underneath all the various kitty-entertainments around the floor), in the bathroom, in the kitchen... looked everywhere two babies might have dragged it.  I looked a second time, and a third... I really needed that brace.  Nothing.  I finally gave up, deciding maybe it would be revealed when I got home after work.  So, I gathered my sneakers and sat down to put them on as I prepared to leave for work.  As I looked to my left into the dining room, I noticed a strange dark lump beneath the computer desk.  I had to check it out.  Yes, there it was, my elbow brace!  Guess I'll have to hide it in the bathroom cabinet next to the bathroom sink plug from now on.

No comments: