Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Darling Clementine..."

I bought a bag of Clementine Oranges a couple of days ago and put them in a bowl on my kitchen ledge.  I noticed Trotter checking them out and turned away thinking, "Kitties don't like citrus."  When I turned back, there was an orange on the floor!  I don't know how he managed to pick it up, but Trotter was proudly standing above his orange.  So I tossed it into the livingroom and a lively game of kitten soccer ensued.  By the time I got home from work, the orange was sitting by the mini blinds in the living room.  That was last night, now I have no idea where the orange is.

Trotter has also figured out how to jump to the stove top and then up to the top of the fridge.  He got up there last night and I tried to ignore the noises coming from the kitchen.  I usually keep rubber bands hanging on the knobs of the cabinets above the stove.  They make useful closers for opened bags of frozen veggies.  When I finally dared to peak into the kitchen, I noticed the the cabinet door where the rubber bands hang was open and a grey kitten tale was wagging away from inside the cabinet.  I rushed over to attempt to lure Trotter out from the cabinet with as little collateral damage to the contents of the cabinet as possible.  As I tried to figure out what possessed him to get into the cabinet, I noticed the rubber bands that had fallen to the stove top.  He loves rubber bands!

No comments: